New features request for version 5.3 of VintaSoftBarcode.NET

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft Barcode .NET SDK.

Moderator: Alex

ward_RECI

Re: New features request for version 5.3 of VintaSoftBarcode.NET

Post by ward_RECI »

I would like the ability to "export" the ReaderSettings and "import" the ReaderSettings on a BarcodeReader object. Maybe an XML fragment that could contain the version compatiblity and current settings.
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

I would like the ability to "export" the ReaderSettings and "import" the ReaderSettings on a BarcodeReader object. Maybe an XML fragment that could contain the version compatiblity and current settings.
Could you please explain the planed purpose for the requested functionality?

May be we will provide you with an alternative way...
ward_RECI

Post by ward_RECI »

Certainly. I would like to store settings for barcode reading profiles. The main purpose is to have multiple profiles for a single session and retain them between executions of the application. We have in the past with our own settings type of object made the persistable with XML. By using a versioning scheme it was also backwards compatible. Using the XML generated by the serializer we could store the settings in our configuration files. This would make our code a little easier for settings maintenance and provide a nice compatibility safety net for the settings themselves.

I you have a way to do that already, I apologize. I just couldn't find it. I noticed that the ToString method lists the non-defaulted settings. I just could not see how to apply them without parsing for each setting individually.

Thanks.

,w
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Thanks for clear explanation.

We'll release XML serialization for barcode reader/writer settings in coming version 6.0.
We'll also take care about version compatibility concerning this matter further.

--
Best regards
BugMan

Post by BugMan »

Hi,

I recently purchased V6.0 and I am trying to Serialize all settings for the Barcode Writer. I have been unsuccessful at locating the interface, it must be something my eyes refuse to see. Could you please provide a simple example of using the iBarcodeInfo interface to save all Barcode Writer settings to a string.

Thanks...
Yuri

Post by Yuri »

We've implemented XML serialization for barcode reader settings at this time.

The same will be available for barcode writer in comming next version 6.1.

--
Kind regards, Yuri
BugMan

Post by BugMan »

Any Idea how much longer till 6.1?