DataMatrix Padding

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft Barcode .NET SDK.

Moderator: Alex

shaykatzir

DataMatrix Padding

Post by shaykatzir »

Hello,

We are using your datamatrix 10X10 reader & writer. The most importent thing for us, is the scanability of the barcode from large distance & even in not-very-good photograph conditions.

From what i know, the size of a barcode cell, is the most importent factor in scanability.

In your documention, you recommand using DataMatrix with padding of 4!

Now, the thing is that i have a limited space on the card im using to print the barcode on, & so theres a trade-off between the barcode size i can use & its padding.

So my question is, in order to reach best scanability with your datamatrix reader, what should i prefer - using the space i have for padding or for enlarging the barcode?

Another question is- in your recommandation, what do u mean by padding of 4? 2 cells from each of the four sides of the barcode or 4 cells from each side of the barcode? In other words: 4 X 2 cells or 4 X 4 cells?

thanks,
shay
Alex
Site Admin

Re: DataMatrix Padding

Post by Alex »

Hello Shay,

Sorry for a delay.

Padding is used for fast searching of "L" search pattern of DataMatrix barcode. You can decrease the padding to 2-3 cells but this can decrease barcode reading speed or quality.

Best regards, Alexander
shaykatzir

Post by shaykatzir »

so can i insert padding next to the 2 the L shape sides, or should i pad all the 4 sides?
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

We need take a look to your image with barcode. Please send your image with barcode to support@vintasoft.com and we will give you recommendation.

Best regards, Alexander