End-user Manual available?

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft Barcode .NET SDK.

Moderator: Alex

Neutrino

End-user Manual available?

Post by Neutrino »

Hello. I am new to this forum, hoping someone here can help me out. Is there an end-user manual for Vintasoft 1D/2D Barcode Reader/Writer, and if so, where can I find it? For example, in the tab/register "Writer" there is a dropdown-list "Pixel format" and a checkbox "Value auto letter spacing" - by which aspect (for what reason) do I check this checkbox and for what reason do I choose which pixel format? These are just two things where questions emerge. I hope you see what I mean and hopefully you can help me.

Best regards.
Nico

PS: I am not a programmer/coder, therefore I am asking for an End-user Manual.
Yuri

Re: End-user Manual available?

Post by Yuri »

Hello,

VintaSoft Barcode .NET SDK as well all other VintaSoft's SDK has detailed documentation and user guide.

You can either find it after installing evaluation version ([install_path]\Documentation folder) or on-line here:
http://www.vintasoft.com/docs/vsbarcode-dotnet/

I'd be able to help you with another question when you provide a screenshot so I can locate the problem.
Please send it to support@vintasoft.com.

--
Kind regards,
Yuri
Yuri

Post by Yuri »

BTW the documentation is meant for persons having at least base knowledges and skills in programming of software applications in .NET environment.
Neutrino

Post by Neutrino »

Hello Yuri,
thank you for the quick reply. I have checked the online-documentation, without success, i.e., I cannot find what I am looking for. Perhaps you did not read the "PS" in my first post. I guess as you develop and deliver SDKs there is no End-user (users who use ready made Barcode writing/reading software) at all at Vintasoft, only software (developing) documentation (codes and such). What I need, is information on - for example - "When do I use which Encoding-modus, as there is mode A, B, C and undefined". Or, "When/why do I use which Pixel format, as there is Indexed1, Bgr24, Bgr32".
I have just read your additional comment. So I guess I will have to look somewhere else. But where? :( :? Anyway, thanks for answering.

Best regards
Nico
Yuri

Post by Yuri »

Yes, we produce SDKs - software development kits for programmers, not end-user applications. Our demos, are like an end-user application, show the SDK features for quick testing and review.

The information about each barcode font can be found in relevant specification of each - encoding modes are well described there. E.g. specs for 1D barcodes are easily accessible through Internet.

As for output image format - bgr24 is one of the most widespread. You can hire a programmer to develop an end-user application for you based on VintaSoft Barcode .NET SDK.

Hope that helps.

--
Sincerely,
Yuri
Neutrino

Post by Neutrino »

Okay, thank you very much. As for hiring a programmer to develop an end-user application, that is already the case, i.e., I did not hire someone but I work for a company that's developing software and I am writing the (end-user-) manuals.

Best regards
Nico
Neutrino

Post by Neutrino »

Hello Yuri,

I have installed the VintaSoft Simple barcode Writer Demo v8.1. There, in the GUI are a few controls that are not clear to me. I hope you can help me.

1. »Min bar/cell width« and »Width...«, both placed in one line, side by side.
Does the term "cell" in »Min bar/cell width« refer to the SPACE BETWEEN the BARS of the barcode?

2. »Width...« [set Width in px/"/cm/mm + Resolution in DPI] does it set the BAR-width or the BARCODE-width?
When I increase »Min bar/cell width«, still the number entered in »Width...« stays the same, when it should get auto-adjusted... I am probably wrong, but how do these two controls interact with each other?

3. BarsWidthAdjustment Property ="Width adjust (x0.1)"-Spinner/numeric_updown in the GUI???
I found some info here, not being sure if it is the fitting info:
http://www.vintasoft.com/docs/vsbarcode ... tment.html

BarsWidthAdjustment Property
"Gets or sets the adjustment method of bars width in percentage to the value of MinWidth property."
Is this what the Spinner/numeric_updown in the GUI does?

Best regards
Nico
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Hello Nico,

1D barcode does not have spaces between bars - 1D barcode is a sequence of black and white bars.

"Min bar/cell width" is a width of single black/white bar.

"Width adjust" is a coefficient that allows to increase width of black bars and decrease width of white bars and vice versa.

Best regards, Alexander