Neat scanners.

Details and opinions about specific devices, drivers, and scanner vendors.

Moderator: Alex

Alex
Site Admin

Neat scanners.

Post by Alex »

Here is a list of Neat scanners (http://www.neatco.com) tested with our products by us or our customers:
  • Neat ADF Scanner
We can recommend Neat scanners for usage with our products.

If you have tested other Neat scanner with our product and want to share your experience, please post it here. Thank you in advance.
pikarde

Re: Neat scanners.

Post by pikarde »

I have purchased the new Neat Desktop duplex scanner.
Does the newest vintasoft library support the duplex hardware in this device?
I have seen the duplex setting and understand the functionality is provided, but does it actually work with that hardware.

thanks
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Hello,

You need to check that TWAIN driver of scanner supports the duplex capability, for example, you can do this in our Twain Advanced Demo.

Best regards, Alexander
NormByers

Re: Neat Desk scanner duplex problem

Post by NormByers »

I too am using the Neat Desk scanner, with the Neat 5.0.25_43 software installed - and having duplex problems.
Windows 7 - 64bit. The scanner driver is Version 3.0.4.0 dated 6/18/2011 with Twain drivers:
windows\twain_32\Neat ADF Scanner\NeatADFScanner32.ds
windows\twain_64\Neat ADF Scanner\NeatADFScanner64.ds.

The code below returns: DuplexMode.none
DuplexMode mode = _device.DocumentFeeder.DuplexMode;
I've also tried device.Capabilities.Find(DeviceCapabilityId.Duplex) - and it returns null.

HOWEVER, if I activate the driver UI, and set duplex in the Neat UI (where it is exposed), then it works. Go figure.

On Windows 7, control panel devices and printers, when I select the Neat ADF Scanner, right click on "scan profiles", then edit the Neat profile, it shows no duplex option for the scanner either. When I right click for properties of the scanner/hardware/properties/Details, select dropdown and select capabilities, it shows:
CM_DEVCAP_REMOVABLE
CM_DEVCAP_UNIQUEID
CM_DEVCAP_SUPRISEREMOVALOK

To be honest, it appears the Neat Driver is not properly exposing the duplex capability, and only supporting it through their UI. Most annoying. Anyone found a solution?
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Hello Norm,

Some of driver's vendors disable part of functionality in driver if UI of driver is not used. Unfortunately, it is a reality.

Best regards, Alexander