Line Annotation with dash or dot line style become solid when document rotated.

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft PDF .NET Plug-in.

Moderator: Alex

IntegraHarlan

Line Annotation with dash or dot line style become solid when document rotated.

Post by IntegraHarlan »

Hi,
When I add a any annotation with the style set to dashed or dot, the line becomes a solid line when the page is rotated 90 degrees.
This appears to do the same thing with any annotation type that I use: Ink, Highlight, freetext, and line
I can reproduce this on your PdfEditorDemo Winform application by doing the following.
1 Add any annotation to a document
2 Open the annotation properties dialog
3 Set the Outline Style to Dashed.
4 set the Dash patter to any pattern.
5 Set the OutLine Width to a value larger than 1
6 Rotate the page 90 degrees.
You will see that the line is now solid, even though the style is still set to Dashed.

Is there a way to keep the line as dashed when rotating the document?
Thanks
Harlan
Alex
Site Admin

Re: Line Annotation with dash or dot line style become solid when document rotated.

Post by Alex »

Hi Harlan,

Thank you for your message, we have reproduced the problem and fixed it. Version with bug fix will be available at the end of this week. Sorry for the bug.

Best regards, Alexander
IntegraHarlan

Re: Line Annotation with dash or dot line style become solid when document rotated.

Post by IntegraHarlan »

Alex,
Thank you for your quick turn around on this issue.
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Hi Harlan,

In version 9.0.0.23 we have fixed the bug in the DashPattern property of Vintasoft.Imaging.Drawing.Gdi.GdiPen class and now annotation does not lose dashed style of outline after annotation rotation. Please use version 9.0.0.23 and let me know if you will have any question or problem.

Best regards, Alexander