WIA Limitations?

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft Twain .NET SDK.

Moderator: Alex

Peleus

WIA Limitations?

Post by Peleus »

Hello,

When I use WIA drivers, I am unable to do multi-page scanning from the document feeder. I am also unable to do duplexing. All the pages get fed though but only 1 page shows up (I believe the last one.) Is this a coding error on my part or a limitation of WIA drivers with this library? I am currently using version 4.2 of the library as well.

Thanks,

Ryan
Alex
Site Admin

Re: WIA Limitations?

Post by Alex »

Hello Ryan,

It's not a limitation of library. What scanner do you have? Maybe Brother? Why don't you use TWAIN driver?

Best regards, Alexander
Peleus

Post by Peleus »

Hi Alexander,

Its a Xerox 262. Although all the documentation and driver installs said there was a TWAIN driver, one was not showing up. Only the WIA one was (for instance when I did SelectSource()).

I solved the problem however. I noticed the TWAIN driver WAS showing up when I wrote a little test program. After much testing I figured out the Xerox TWAIN driver was not showing up inside a BackgroundWorker thread. I moved the function out of the thread and it started showing up. Very Strange.

Thanks,

Ryan
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Hi Ryan,

Strange situation. Please send us your test application, we will test it and try to find the solution to the problem.

Best regards, Alexander