Can I install on a 64-bit OS?

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft Twain .NET SDK.

Moderator: Alex

iansml

Can I install on a 64-bit OS?

Post by iansml »

Hi,

I am trying to install a test application on 32 and 64-bit operating systems. It works perfectly on all 32-bit systems tested so far, but I can't get the Twain dll to work on the only 64-bit OS I have available (Windows Server 2008). The error message I'm getting is:
An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
The stacktrace indicates that this is thrown when Vintasoft.Twain.VSTwain.StartDevice() is called.

Have you tried this dll on 64-bit OS's? Is there a workaround or a plan to support 64-bit in the future?

Thanks,

Ian
iansml

Re: Can I install on a 64-bit OS?

Post by iansml »

Hi,

This may not be a problem after all. I've tried a solution and it seems to have helped get past this initial error.

Will test further to see if there are any other "64-bit" problems.

Ian
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Hi Ian,

When an application that uses VintaSoftTwain.NET Library is compiled on a 64-bit system you may run into a couple issues. Our assembly is 32-bit assembly; therefore any applications being compiled on a 64-bit system must run in the 32-bit bit (WOW) mode. This only requires changing the "Platform Target" setting on the Build tab of your project settings to x86. Without this setting you will receive a BadImageFormatException when running your application.

Native 64-bit mode is not supported at the moment.

Best regards, Alexander
htaylor

Post by htaylor »

I also run 64bit for my development platform. I have set the target platform to x86 and my program will now run but when I open my scanning form and hit my scan button I am asked to select a device and after I do that my scan form closes and my scanner's scan prompt window opens. I hit scan and it does a preview then freezes :evil: I wonder if this is because it expects my scanning form to be there :?: Why is it closing :?: :?:

My Main application window is still present in the background. If I click on it and Exit my application the scan prompt window then closes. Any ideas about what is going on here? I am using a Epson Perfection V700 scanner, Vista Ultimate, 64bit, 6gb RAM, VS2008, Framework v3.5 :cry:

This is close to working and I hope it does. This product seems to be exactly what I need and the price is good.
htaylor

Post by htaylor »

I did get this working but I had to incorporate the code from the ''Complex'' sample which is WAY too much GUI for the expertise of my user base so I am going to have to go through this and figure out what I can disable/hide/delete to get this to a manageable level for my users.

That said I am pleased and will buy a license.

When I get this to a more user-friendly state I will add an email address to this post so people who need a user-friendly form/GUI can request the code.

Elvis has left the building :D
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Hello Taylor?

Do you think that our Advanced demo is too difficult? :-)

Best regards, Alexander
htaylor

Post by htaylor »

The advanced demo is not too difficult - it was fine for an experienced programmer. What I meant was that the interface presented to the end-user was too much for my users. There were too many bells and whistles. I have mine ready for basic scanning and file retrieval and will provide an email address if anyone wants to use it.

If you want my scaled-down scanning form email me at htaylor@solutionstop.net and I will send it to you.

Good hunting.