problem in deploying application on IIS server

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft Twain .NET SDK.

Moderator: Alex

divyamukta

problem in deploying application on IIS server

Post by divyamukta »

Hi,

I created a small document scanning system using VintasoftTwain.NET library. I am able to run the application successfully from within Visual Studio 2005 but when I moved the application to IIS server, it doesnot work!!
I get the following alert when I try to invoke the scanner. It is basically at the point when I instantiate the VSTwain class:
"Showing a modal dialog box or form when the application is not running in UserInteractive mode is not a valid operation. Specify the ServiceNotification or DefaultDesktopOnly style to display a notification from a service application."

I am using ASP.net and C# and have included Vintasoft.Twain.dll in the bin folder of the application.
Can someone please help me fix the issue?

Thanks
Alex
Site Admin

Re: problem in deploying application on IIS server

Post by Alex »

Hello,

I think you use VintaSoftTwain.NET Library on the server-side - this is impossible.

Here are possible scenarios:
1. Scanner is located on client's computer, client should scan documents using web application and upload them to web server. In this case you should use VintaSoftTwain.NET Library on client-side in JavaScript or VBScript because scanner is located on client-side. Please see our ASP.NET examples here: http://www.vintasoft.com/vstwain-dotnet-examples.html. Also you can see ASP.NET examples included in distributive package of the product.

2. Scanner is located on the server and client should have access to it. In this case you should create a client-server application or web service. Please see example 4 here: http://www.vintasoft.com/vstwain-dotnet-examples.html.

Best regards, Alexander
divyamukta

Re: problem in deploying application on IIS server

Post by divyamukta »

Thanks Alex! It is working now :)