Acquiring/Saving multiple images via flatbed

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft Twain .NET SDK.

Moderator: Alex

SLNichols1124

Acquiring/Saving multiple images via flatbed

Post by SLNichols1124 »

I have successfully tested the use of acquiring and saving multiple images scanned in from the ADF feeder, but how would you perform this type of thing using a flatbed? I want the user to be prompted for any addtional scans and successfully add the acquired image to the existing collection.
Alex
Site Admin

Re: Acquiring/Saving multiple images via flatbed

Post by Alex »

Hello,

What is your problem? Do you want to recognize the scanner type? If yes, please see this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=46

Best regards, Alexander
SLNichols1124

Post by SLNichols1124 »

My sample applications detects when the feeder is loaded or not and when it isn't loaded, it automatically scans from the flatbed no problem. What I would like to do is after the page is scanned in, give the user the option to scan more documents to the current job and then append the additional pages to the documents already scanned in. Currently, it just scans in one page and then stops and any additional scans are a separate thread.
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

I'm not sure that I have understood your problem. Library allows to add images to existing TIFF or PDF file. Also library has an internal buffer in which you can store acquired images. Please read description of the TiffMultiPage, PdfMultiPage and MaxImages properties of the VSTwain class in documentation.
SLNichols1124

Post by SLNichols1124 »

I guess part of my problem is that I am evaluating the library at the moment with hopes to purchase a license, therefore only allowed to work with a single image. I can scan through an ADF scanner and display all three pages in my viewer as shown in the Advanced Sample included in the download. For example, I can put 3 sheets of paper in the scanner and scan all three sheets and page through each image scanned in the application. I want to be able to do this if the user scans in 3 sheets using the flatbed as well. I want to add each page to a collection and display the collection to the Picture Viewer allowing the user to page through each scanned page. I understand that I can add a single image to a collection but there is no example of how to display the whole collection to a picture viewer.