More Annotation Questions

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft Annotation .NET Plug-in.

Moderator: Alex

rgoodson

More Annotation Questions

Post by rgoodson »

Hello,

Is it possible to keep the "BuildAnnotation" status turned on after an annotation has been drawn?

In my application, I have a Highlighter toolstrip button that gives the user the ability to press it and then highlight areas in the document. The problem is, as soon as they have highlighted an area, the "RectangleAnnotation" status is turned off and I have to call the "BuildAnnotation" method again to turn it back on. This is not a big deal, if I could get it to work. Unfortunately, the only place I know to call the "BuildAnnotation" method again is from the "AnnotationChanged" event, which is causing an infinite loop and therefore an error. Is it possible to have an option to keep the buildannotation status turned on?

Also, I think I know the answer to this, but I am going to ask it anyway. Is there anyway to have the highlights brighter? I would like to allow my users to highlight in bright yellow (255,255,0). The problem is, the only way I can find to make the "RectangleAnnotation" transparent is to set the Alpha value in an ARGP color, which causes the colors to get very dull. I am currently using a value of 120, which is about the best mix of transparency and brightness that I can find. Is there any way to get a bright yellow transparent rectangle?

Thanks,
Reagan
Alex
Site Admin

Re: More Annotation Questions

Post by Alex »

Hello Reagan,

Have you seen our Annotation demo? Highlight annotation can be created as follows:

Code: Select all

RectangleAnnotation ann = new RectangleAnnotation();
ann.BackColor = Color.FromArgb(70, 255, 255, 0);
ann.Outline.Color = Color.FromArgb(70, 255, 50, 0);
This code does not suit your needs?

Best regards, Alexander
JoeMontana

Post by JoeMontana »

I also feel that the highlighting feature produces a very dim experience. Kodak and Imageman controls both have the ability to highlight in bright yellow with complete transparency; the ARGB function does not have a way to give me this same result as far as I can tell.
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Hello,
I also feel that the highlighting feature produces a very dim experience. Kodak and Imageman controls both have the ability to highlight in bright yellow with complete transparency; the ARGB function does not have a way to give me this same result as far as I can tell.
We will add ability to use blending in version 4.1 of library - I think this functionality will be available in a month.

Best regards, Alexander