New features request for version 2.1 of VintaSoftAnnotation

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft Annotation .NET Plug-in.

Moderator: Alex

Alex
Site Admin

New features request for version 2.1 of VintaSoftAnnotation

Post by Alex »

New features which will be available in version 2.1 of VintaSoftAnnotation.NET Plug-in:
  • No features at the moment.
If you have some idea or suggestion, please drop us a note.
alfonsofung

Re: New features request for version 2.1 of VintaSoftAnnotation

Post by alfonsofung »

Export the annotations to an interface that can be used as a datasource for .net controls, like a grid, and/or add LINQ support
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Hello Alfonso,

Ok, we will try to add this feature in next version of library.

Best regards, Alexander
alfonsofung

Post by alfonsofung »

One of your competitor is gdpicture, recently Loic added an OCR plug in.

I suggest you take a look at http://www.codeproject.com/KB/office/modi.aspx, as there is a cheaper and, to my experience, more accuate way to quickly add OCR to VintaImage/VintaAnnotation. There is a product called SolidCapture which uses MODI, it is very accurate and fast.

Although MODI require one to have Office 2003 or above, in my view there should be no lack of such users out there. I suggest you consider putting together a select-and-ocr-with-MODI function into VintaImage/Annotation; and do it fast.
alfonsofung

Post by alfonsofung »

It will also be useful to allow select-drag-n-drop to textbox outside of the viewers, as an image (if you do not want to add ocr function) or as text using MODI to ocr the region-of-interest. If the select-drag-n-drop-image is already possible as is, I would be delighted to be advised of the way, with code samples.
zoao

Post by zoao »

Hi,

I like very much the Vintasoft Annotation. It is possible that soon we will use the control.

I would like suggest:
1. transparency level in background color
2. Rule property to set position of label: top left, top middle, top right, bottom left, bottom middle, bottom right
3. Annotation "extra info", associate text observations in annotation, if the annotation has "extra info" associated show a small icon, that when mouse over the text shows in tooltip

Thanks, João Martins
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Hello Alfonso,

We do not have plans to make OCR module in near future.

-> It will also be useful to allow select-drag-n-drop to textbox outside of the viewers, as an image
-> (if you do not want to add ocr function) or as text using MODI to ocr the region-of-interest.
-> If the select-drag-n-drop-image is already possible as is, I would be delighted to be advised
-> of the way, with code samples.

Please give me more info about your needs. Do you want to drag-and-drop text to the annotation viewer?

Best regards, Alexander
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Hello Joao,

-> I like very much the Vintasoft Annotation. It is possible that soon we will use the control.

Thank you for good words about our product.

-> I would like suggest:
-> 1. transparency level in background color

You can set transparency level of background color in your code as follows:

Code: Select all

ann.BackColor = Color.FromArgb(70, 255, 255, 0);
where 70 - is a transparency level

-> 2. Rule property to set position of label: top left, top middle, top right, bottom left, bottom middle,
-> bottom right

Next version of library will have this feature.

-> 3. Annotation "extra info", associate text observations in annotation, if the annotation has "extra info"
-> associated show a small icon, that when mouse over the text shows in tooltip

Do you want to add tooltip to annotation? What do you mean when you say - "show a small icon"? Maybe you can send me an example?

Best regards, Alexander
zoao

Post by zoao »

Hello Alexander,

There are cases where it is important to add text in annotations, but because that text can be big he can not always be visible.
The icon indicates that a annotation has additional note and can even identify the annotation/note as importantly, error, warning, info, ...
Another importante feacture is events in anotation like: mouseover, click, and unique and unchanged identifier of annotation in collection because in this case we can simulate/extend this tooltip or do another things and associate other specific information in annotation.
In this case is importante that the annotationViewer has 2 state: Edit, View, here a user can view the annotation and associated information but cannot edit.

Annotation example:
http://www.mobilwave.pt/images/annotation.jpg

João Martins
Last edited by zoao on Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Yes, it's interesting feature. Where did you get these icons and that are they mean?