Memory Leak

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft Barcode .NET SDK.

Moderator: Alex

Daniel.Dority

Memory Leak

Post by Daniel.Dority »

Alex,

I sent a response to the support team but I figured I'd post here as well incase anyone has solved the issue already.

Inside of the following method we are seeing a leak of System.Drawing.Image parameter.

Code: Select all

Vintasoft.Barcode.BarcodeReader.ReadBarcodes(System.Drawing.Image);
The size of the image leaks and is not disposed of. We created 4,000 barcodes of about 3KB in size using the Vinstasoft.Barcode.BarcodeWriter. Next we are validating the integrity but noticed our service hit 1.2GB in size.

After spent some time debugging, I located the method as the issue. If I return before the call, the service memory stays within 7MB through the lifecycle.

If you would like us to provide a code sample, let us know.

Regards
Alex
Site Admin

Re: Memory Leak

Post by Alex »

Hello Daniel,
If you would like us to provide a code sample, let us know.
Please send an example to support@vintasoft.com - we need to reproduce the problem.

Best regards, Alexander
Daniel.Dority

Post by Daniel.Dority »

I have posted a reply to the support email.

If a solution is feasible rather quickly, how long until a new version is ready to download?

Alsol please ensure that you received the email as it was 6MB in size. I won't know if it made it past our email server or yours.
Daniel.Dority

Post by Daniel.Dority »

Alex,

What is the turn around time these types of bugs? Other than the memory leak, we would choose your software. We need to confirm that it is the demo limitation that is causing the leak to be certain. It may be the possiblity that the Windows.Forms Dialog box was leaked.

We are looking to make a decision by next tuesday and if we cannnot be certain that a fix is coming in the near-term, we will have to select another vendor.

Thanks,

Daniel M. Dority
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your message, we have found a small memory leak in evaluation version of SDK - bug is fixed in version 5.2.0.3.

Best regards, Alexander