Imaging Exception calling Deskew

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft Twain .NET SDK.

Moderator: Alex

ethosgroup

Imaging Exception calling Deskew

Post by ethosgroup »

I've got an HP Scanjet N6010 (just like everyone else it seems) that I am using for a scanning project.

There must just be something up with this particular scanner or its drivers.

First, when I scan an image, the result is skewed to the left, kind of like a swoosh down the side (I think there is another post about this). After seeing that, I thought I'd try using the Deskew method, but that method returns an Imaging Exception saying "Border color not found" I tried all three different border options for the function, none of which work.

I'm guessing the real problem is the HP driver for this model scanner is apparently crap. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Alex
Site Admin

Re: Imaging Exception calling Deskew

Post by Alex »

Hello,

We know about this bug - TWAIN driver of scanner uses non standard algorithm of image transfer. We want to update our algorithm and fix this bug but we do not have HP Scanjet N6010 scanner for tests at the moment. Maybe you can help? Please send us a log-file generated by the library to support@vintasoft.com and we will fix this problem.

Here are steps which you should do if you want to generate a log-file of scanner's work:
- Set the IsLoggingEnabled property to True before the StartDevice method.
- Set the path to log-file with the LogFilePath property if path "c:\vstwain.log" is not accessible by your application.
- Run your application.
- Send us a log-file and "bad" image.

Best regards, Alexander
ethosgroup

Re: Imaging Exception calling Deskew

Post by ethosgroup »

Thanks for your reply, I'm sending you the samples and information you requested.