Pdf file size & scanning with Xerox Documate 262

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft Twain .NET SDK.

Moderator: Alex

satish

Pdf file size & scanning with Xerox Documate 262

Post by satish »

I have two issues.

1. Pdf file size, when i scann and convert to pdf file, i am getting file size approximatly 400 KB with 200 resolution. The compression what i have used is VSTwain1.PdfImageCompression = PdfImageCompression.LZW.

I tried in different way, scanned the file as tif image, the size is more or less same, and converted to pdf file using Siberix(www.siberix.com) report writer, i am getting the file size as approximatly 20 KB.

Is it possible to compress the pdf file same as siberex compoenent?

2. We are recomending Xerox documente 262 scanner for all of our customers. When i try to scan the files, frequently getting the message "A Problem occured with this scan, please try your scan again?", Scanner is processing half of the paper and at the end of the paper we are getting this error message.

We are convertingo ur scanning module with your component, because our existing component is not supporting Vista.

Please suggest us how can we proceed with this?
Alex
Site Admin

Re: Pdf file size & scanning with Xerox Documate 262

Post by Alex »

Hello Satish,

-> 1. Pdf file size, when i scann and convert to pdf file, i am getting file size approximatly 400 KB with 200 resolution.
-> The compression what i have used is VSTwain1.PdfImageCompression = PdfImageCompression.LZW.

What images do you acquire? Color or black-white? Please try to use JPEG compression for color, palette or gray images and CCITT compression for black-white images.

-> 2. We are recomending Xerox documente 262 scanner for all of our customers. When i try to scan the files,
-> frequently getting the message "A Problem occured with this scan, please try your scan again?", Scanner
-> is processing half of the paper and at the end of the paper we are getting this error message.

Please send a snippet of your code and log-file generated by the library to our support team at support@vintasoft.com

Best regards, Alexander