Barcode decoding from multipage file

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft Barcode .NET SDK.

Moderator: Alex

elementarladung

Barcode decoding from multipage file

Post by elementarladung »

Hello,
i'm intereested in you product "VintaSoftBarcode.NET Reader SDK" but i don't know which license type i have to order.

I've created a software running as service on a server. The software is checking a special directory. Our Employees are sending pdf documents with barcodes (Code 39) per copy machine to this folder. The Service decodes the barcodes on the pdf documents and send it to the right folder to our document management system. If a PDF document containes more than on barcode then ist will split, before next barcode on page, and each splitted file will be send to our document management system.

This system ist running fine but the routine of barcode reading isn't very good. We want to replace it with your sdk.

Which license type i have to order for it?
Is your decoder able to decode multi barcodes from a multi page pdf so i know which barcode ist found on which site?

I hope to hear from you soo.

Greetings
Alex
Site Admin

Re: Barcode decoding from multipage file

Post by Alex »

Hello,
Which license type i have to order for it?
You need the Server license.
Is your decoder able to decode multi barcodes from a multi page pdf so i know which barcode ist found on which site?
I'm not sure I have understood your question. VintaSoftBarcode.NET SDK can read barcodes from image resources of PDF documents.
VintaSoftBarcode.NET SDK does not render PDF page, you can use VintaSoftImaging.NET SDK + VintaSoftPDF.NET Plug-in if you need
to render PDF pages.

Best regards, Alexander
elementarladung

Post by elementarladung »

Hi,
thanks for your reply.

My decorder reads the barcodes on pages of a PDF document. As result i'll get a list:
  • page barcode
    1 APDA15671
    5 APAA65724
    12 APFA5463
I'm using this list to split the PDF file into three single files (for this example)
  • file1: page 1-4
    file2: page 5-11
    file3: page 12-end
My question was, if i will use your decoder do i know which barcode was located on which page, like the list above?
In your demo version i can only decode the first page of a pdf document so i do not know the result when i will use a multi page pdf with several barcodes on any page.

I hope my question ist now clearlier for you? :-)

Thx
Yuri

Post by Yuri »

Yes. You can simply realize the requested functionality.

Just refer to below FAQs for code examples:
http://www.vintasoft.com/vsbarcode-dotn ... eadFromPdf
http://www.vintasoft.com/vsbarcode-dotn ... adFromTiff

Sincerely