split pdf into images where barcode is found

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft PDF .NET Plug-in.

Moderator: Alex

diaanb

split pdf into images where barcode is found

Post by diaanb »

I'm not sure whether my question is in the correct forum, maybe I should have put it in the barcode forum, but anyway:

I'm looking for a way to split a pdf (created from a twain scan) that consists of several sections of varying and unknown length, seperated by a barcode.
The resulting sections of the pdf file I would like to save as individual image files (or pdf files) saved with a file name or on a location based on the information in the barcode at the top of the section.

Is this possible?

(To be clear: I don't expect any code examples (unless you really want to ) but just want to know whether this is at all possible and if so, what are the limitations)
Last edited by diaanb on Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alex
Site Admin

Re: split pdf into images where barcode is found

Post by Alex »

Hello,

I need more info:
  • Do you want to read barcode from PDF document? Am I right? This is possible using VintaSoftBarcode.NET SDK.
  • Do you want split PDF document to many PDF documents? Am I right? This is possible using VintaSoftImaging.NET SDK + VintaSoftPDF.NET Plug-in (Reader + Writer).
Best regards, Alexander
diaanb

Post by diaanb »

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for your answer. I had read about the possibilities of splitting pdfs and reading barcodes, but I want don't want to split pdfs by whole pages, I would like to be able to save a part of a page. For example split 1 (a4) page into two files; one from the top to 10 centimetre, the second one from 10 centimetres from the top to the bottom.
The height of the sections I want to save has to be determined by the location of the barcodes.
Something like this.
Is that possible?
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

This also possible.

Here are steps you need to do:
  • Render image of PDF page
  • Read barcodes on the image, barcode has information about its position on the image - using this information you can determine regions for splitting the image
  • For each region: create a clone of image, crop cloned image, save cropped image
Best regards, Alexander