VisualTools

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft Imaging .NET SDK.

Moderator: Alex

SebastianB

VisualTools

Post by SebastianB »

Hi guys,

maybe someone can help me: I try to get some Visual Tools on the ImageViewer working. What I got so far: I can draw and highlight regions on the image, it also stores them, to have multiple regions highlighted.

In the ImageProcessingDemo I saw something I really want to achieve as well: After adding and highlight a specific region I'd like to get moving and resizing capabilities. But I just cannot figure out how the Demo achieves this.

My mission: Add new regions by drag&drop to an image and highlight them. When clicking on the region it needs to show resize nodes.

Thanks for help!

Sebastian
Alex
Site Admin

Re: VisualTools

Post by Alex »

Hello Sebastian,

What functionality of Image Processing Demo are you interested in?

Best regards, Alexander
SebastianB

Post by SebastianB »

Hi Alex,

I thought I described it, but let me try again ;)

In the image processing demo you can drag regions into the left image. Those regions are moveable and resizeable. The VirtualTool shows nodes at the edge of the drawn rectangle for resizing.
The reference to the ImageProcessingDemo was just to explain the feature I am looking for.

Right now I am implementing some OCR functionality where the user is able to draw a region using a CompositeVisualTool which contains the HighlightTool and RectangularSelectionTool. But I do not know how to display/get working those abilities to move and resize the drawn region.

Best,
Sebastian
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Hi Sebastian,
After adding and highlight a specific region I'd like to get moving and resizing capabilities. But I just cannot figure out how the Demo achieves this.
But I do not know how to display/get working those abilities to move and resize the drawn region.
Do you want move/resize selected image region or visual tool?

Best regards, Alexander
SebastianB

Post by SebastianB »

Alex wrote: Do you want move/resize selected image region or visual tool?
I want to move and resize the visual tool, not the image itself.
I'd like to have a visual tool looking like this:

btw: it looks like you are blocking image.shack urls...
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Hello Sebastian,

Please see the demo project from this link:
http://www.vintasoft.com/zip/examples/v ... rp2008.zip

Demo project contains source codes of visual tool which supports multiple rectangular regions, region can highlight the image and can be moved/resized. In demo project you can open an image, add random region programmatically or build region visually.

We plan to release version 7.0 of VintaSoftImaging.NET SDK in near time, this version will have more powerful features in customization of visual tools.

Best regards, Alexander
SebastianB

Post by SebastianB »

Thank you very much for the sample. I just took a look.

I am wondering about the two different concepts: My current implementation inherits from CompositeVisualTool, while the sample above uses the IRectangularInteractiveObject Interface. Are they designed to work side by side or do I have to decide which concept works better for my approach?
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

CompositeVisualTool class and the IRectangularInteractiveObject Interface are different things.

Visual tool is a tool which allow to draw something on the image viewer without changing the image loaded in image viewer.

Composite visual tool is visual tool which can be used for combining functionality of several visual tools.

UserInteractionVisualTool is a base visual tool that performs interaction between user and interactive objects.

IInteractiveObject interface defines how UserInteractionVisualTool interacts with interactive object. IRectangularInteractiveObject interface defines how UserInteractionVisualTool interacts with interactive object which described by rectangle. IPointBasedInteractiveObject interface defines how UserInteractionVisualTool interacts with interactive object which described by points.

Best regards, Alexander