Web Annotation Demo

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft Imaging .NET SDK.

Moderator: Alex

vletroye

Web Annotation Demo

Post by vletroye »

Hi

We are using VintaSoftImaging.NET v8.1 SDK (with a site licences for Desktops - Standard Edition - i.e. without WPF).

As it's installed on my PC, I have found a "web demo" in C:\Program Files (x86)\VintaSoft\VintaSoftImaging.NET v8.1\Examples\VS.NET.2012\CSharp\WebAnnotationDemo
I would like to run it to evaluate the Web version of your controls. But I have various issues.

I had first to reconfigure it to run on my Local IIS (instead of IS Express) and with my credentials on the Application Pool, otherwise, the demo failed to create temp folders (due to accesses denied).
Do you confirm that this is the expected configuration to be made o run the demo ? Anything else to be customized on the website ?

Next, I get now errors because the SDK tries to open the "Trial" Popup. It is failing as the SDK runs in non-interactive mode (within IIS) :(
The error logged in the event log looks like this:
Message: An unhandled exception of type 'System.InvalidOperationException' occurred in System.Windows.Forms.dll
Additional information: Showing a modal dialog box or form when the application is not running in UserInteractive mode is not a valid operation. Specify the ServiceNotification or DefaultDesktopOnly style to display a notification from a service application.
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(System.Windows.Forms.IWin32Window)
at Vintasoft.Imaging.VintasoftLicenseProvider._(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

Could you tell how I am assumed to run the demo to avoid that issue ?
Alex
Site Admin

Re: Web Annotation Demo

Post by Alex »

Hi Valery,

Thank you for your interest to our web solution.

I had first to reconfigure it to run on my Local IIS (instead of IS Express) and with my credentials on the Application Pool, otherwise, the demo failed to create temp folders (due to accesses denied).
Do you confirm that this is the expected configuration to be made o run the demo ? Anything else to be customized on the website ?
You need create the "VintasoftCache" directory in the directory of your web application and provide the write access for the directory.

Next, I get now errors because the SDK tries to open the "Trial" Popup. It is failing as the SDK runs in non-interactive mode (within IIS) :(
The error logged in the event log looks like this: ...
Unfortunately, in current version you can evaluate our web demos only on IIS Express (you need run our web demos from Visual Studio) because IIS express does not throw exception when modal dialog is showing. Also you can evaluate our web demos on our web site. We are working on this problem and in near time you will be able to evaluate our web demos on real IIS server. Sorry for this inconvenience.

Best regards, Alexander
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

And another thing: Your company has the Site license for Servers. You can use this license and evaluate web solution without restrictions. Why dont you do this?

Best regards, Alexander
vletroye

Post by vletroye »

Thx for the explanations!!

Another option is indeed to simply use our licence to run the demo on server as you suggest :lol:

V.
vletroye

Post by vletroye »

We have still the zip downloaded with the Standard DLLs package and the WPF DLLS package for registered users 8.1

But it seems that VintaSoft.Imaging.Annotation.web.dll is missing from both folders Bin-Registered-Signed\ and Bin-Registered\ in those packages ?!
(We have VintaSoft.Imaging.web.dll)

I am missing that assembly run the demo with the registered bins. I am a bit lost. Where is this assembly ?

V.
vletroye

Post by vletroye »

FYI,

The assembly VintaSoft.Imaging.Annotation.Web.dll in missing in the SDK 8.1.5.1 but was available in the SDK 8.1.4.3...
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

The assembly VintaSoft.Imaging.Annotation.Web.dll in missing in the SDK 8.1.5.1 but was available in the SDK 8.1.4.3...
Please contact our support team with this issue.

Best regards, Alexander