New features suggestion

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft Annotation .NET Plug-in.

Moderator: Alex

zoao

New features suggestion

Post by zoao »

Hi Alex,

I Have working in annotationViewer test, and have some suggestions:
1. Save UID in Xml, we need associate another information in annotation (notes, external information, links, etc..), this is only possible if we can identify the annotation between sessions
2. With method BuildAnnotation() we can initialize the Viewer for new annotation, we need for example initialize the PolygonAnnotation with the points and in that case the behavior would be equal to RectangleAnnotation or EllipseAnnotation: first click marked the origin and drag the mouse change the size of the polygon. This allows to have pre-defined polygons, such as arrows, stars, etc... Ideally the annotation could be initialized from xml.
3. With method BuildAnnotation(), when draw Freehand line or Polygon I think that is more intuitive finish the annotation when mouse click up than double click, can this be a configuration?
4. Images that are saved in XML, could be saved in jpg or png? Thus saved more space.
5. Transparency in EmbeddedImageAnnotation
6. Know if a BuildAnnotation () is active and allow it to be cancel
7. Allow to be configurable in annotationViewer if the mouse wheel is the scroll, zoom or noting to be able to customize in code, since the event MouseWheel does not permit cancel the propagation
8. The EndCap and StartCap is good, but does not work very well when the line is weighted, ideally the size of the endcap should automatically adjust to the size of the line

Thanks,
João
zoao

Re: New features suggestion

Post by zoao »

I forgot this:
9. When you attach an image to AnnotationViewer this starts a thread, and if this thread is working in image If you make a change to the image: brightness, contrast, an error occurs. There should be a way of synchronize the threads that are manipulating the image, the property IsProcessing is false in this cases.
We also think it is important to give names to threads initiated by component so we can identify best, when debug.
I found this "problem" because I am trying to adjust brightness and contrast and preview directly on the image, as images are not big the performance is not bad, but the worst is that I have to always be doing setImage (), each Since I change one of the parameters, to apply the new values on the original image. There is another way to do this?
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Hello Zoao,
9. When you attach an image to AnnotationViewer this starts a thread, and if this thread is working in image If you make a change to the image: brightness, contrast, an error occurs. There should be a way of synchronize the threads that are manipulating the image, the property IsProcessing is false in this cases.
Please send the following information to support@vintasoft.com:
1. List of steps that describes how to reproduce the problem
2. Project that helps to reproduce the problem
3. Any other information if necessary

Best regards, Alexander
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

1. Save UID in Xml, we need associate another information in annotation (notes, external information, links, etc..), this is only possible if we can identify the annotation between sessions
This functionality will be added in next version of library.
4. Images that are saved in XML, could be saved in jpg or png? Thus saved more space.
Images are already stored as PNG files. XML format does not support storing of binary data so the binary data of images are converted to the text, i.e. each byte are converted into two bytes.
5. Transparency in EmbeddedImageAnnotation
Transparency is working if the source image supports transparency. Maybe I have not understood you correctly?
8. The EndCap and StartCap is good, but does not work very well when the line is weighted, ideally the size of the endcap should automatically adjust to the size of the line
Please send information that helps us to understand the situation to support@vintasoft.com

Best regards, Alexander
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

3. With method BuildAnnotation(), when draw Freehand line or Polygon I think that is more intuitive finish the annotation when mouse click up than double click, can this be a configuration?
You should create new class derived from PolygonAnnotation and override the OnBuilding method in new class.

Here is a snippet of code:

Code: Select all

protected override void OnBuilding(MouseEventArgs mouse, MouseActions action)
{
   if (!IsBuilding())
   {
     if (action == MouseActions.Down && mouse.Button == MouseButtons.Left)
       StartBuilding(mouse.Location);
   }
   else if (action == MouseActions.Click && mouse.Button == MouseButtons.Left)
   {
     FinishBuilding(mouse.Location);
   }
   else
   {
     ContinueBuilding(mouse.Location, action);
   }
}
Best regards, Alexander