KB: TWAIN & Citrix

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft Twain .NET SDK.

Moderator: Alex

Alex
Site Admin

KB: TWAIN & Citrix

Post by Alex »

Here are some articles which can help you to solve problems with TWAIN drivers in Citrix:
Robert

Re: KB: TWAIN & Citrix

Post by Robert »

Hello Alex,

I try using your (very fine!!) lib with Citrix and I get the following behaviour:
I scan one Image, the Image is ok
I scan a secon image in the same buffer and I get the error "Error at opening the Data Source"

I can verify that the error occurs when I use the same buffer as for the first image. If I call StopDevice() and startDevice() between the scans I get the second image. Unfortunatly the first image is lost because the buffer is cleared.

The same process locally does it right!!!

I can also verify the behaviour in your sample application. I click Aquire without ShowUI and not Twain 2.0 compatible; the first image appears, but after the Message "Source is currently open. Cannot close Data Source Manager". When clicking Aquire again the "Error at opening the Data Source" appears. After Stop Device and Start Device I get (only) one Image again.

I need to buffer the scanned images cause I build one pdf-File after scanning multiple images.

I read and checked your advices about citrix.
I tried with three different scanners.

Do you have an idea how to fix this problem?

If not, can you build in a possibility to assign an extern image to the VSTwain-Class? Then it will be possible to copy the scanned image in memory, call StartDevice(), scan again, put the saved image in the buffer and call save(). Or a flag which does not clear the scanned images when restart the device.

Regards
Robert
Alex
Site Admin

Re: KB: TWAIN & Citrix

Post by Alex »

Hello Robert,

Please send a snippet of your code to support@vintasoft.com.

Best regards, Alexander