ReadOnly PdfAnnotation is editable.

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft PDF .NET Plug-in.

Moderator: Alex

IntegraHarlan

ReadOnly PdfAnnotation is editable.

Post by IntegraHarlan »

Hi,
If a read only PdfAnnotation is set to read only, I would expect to not be able to move or edit the annotation.
If I have a PdfAnnotation with the IsReadOnly property set to true, and the PdfAnnotationTool.InteractionMode set to PdfAnnotationInteractionMode.Edit, I am able to move and size the annotation.
Is this the correct behavior?
I would like to be able to multi select annotations, but If i try to move the selected annotations, I would expect only the ones that are read only to be movable.

Thanks
Harlan
Alex
Site Admin

Re: ReadOnly PdfAnnotation is editable.

Post by Alex »

Hi Harlan,

Yes, this is correct behavior.

In PdfAnnotationInteractionMode.Edit mode the PdfAnnotationTool allows to view and edit PDF annotations and PDF interactive fields.
Please read more info here: https://www.vintasoft.com/docs/vsimagin ... nMode.html

Best regards, Alexander
IntegraHarlan

Post by IntegraHarlan »

Thanks for the reply Alexander.
Is there a way I can select read only annotations with the InteractonMode set to Edit, but make it so that the read only annotations are not movable?
I would like to be able to select multiple annotations, but make so that if any of the selected annotations are read only, they would not be movable.

Thanks
Harlan
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Hi Harlan,

You need to use the PdfAnnotationInteractionMode.Markup mode if you want to create, move and resize PDF annotations and read-only annotations must not be interactable.

If you still need to use the PdfAnnotationInteractionMode.Edit mode, you need to override the PdfAnnotationTool.CanInteractWith method (https://www.vintasoft.com/docs/vsimagin ... tWith.html) and override the method logic.

Best regards, Alexander
IntegraHarlan

Post by IntegraHarlan »

OK, maybe I am going about this the wrong way.
I am trying to multi select annotations so that I can move multiple annotations.
However, I only want to be able to move annotations that are not set to read only.
Is there a interaction mode that will let me do this?

Thanks
Harlan
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Hi Harlan,
However, I only want to be able to move annotations that are not set to read only.
Is there a interaction mode that will let me do this?
For solving your task you need to use the PdfAnnotationInteractionMode.Edit mode and override the PdfAnnotationTool.CanInteractWith method (https://www.vintasoft.com/docs/vsimagin ... tWith.html) for changing the interaction logic with annotations. The PdfAnnotationTool.CanInteractWith method should return False for read-only PDF annotations.

Best regards, Alexander