Confused about the Evaluation version limitations

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft Barcode .NET SDK.

Moderator: Alex

PaloMraz

Confused about the Evaluation version limitations

Post by PaloMraz » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:13 am

I have just downloaded the evaluation version and ran the WpfCameraBarcodeReaderDemo.exe application trying to read a BarcodeType.Interleaved2of5 barcode with the built-in camera in my laptop. Everything worked fine except that the last two characters of the recognized value were replaced by asterisks. Here https://www.vintasoft.com/docs/vsbarcod ... ation.html I have read that:

“Use DLL from folder "\VintaSoft Barcode .NET (.NET Framework) vX.Y\Bin\DotNet4\AnyCPU\NoNagScreen\" if you want to test the barcode reader performance without nag screen. Version from folder "NoNagScreen" does not show nag screen but replaces a part of barcode value by "*" symbol.”

But there is no “NoNagScreen” subdirectory in my installation directory “Bin\DotNet4\AnyCPU”. Can you please explain?

Regards,

Palo

Alex
Site Admin

Re: Confused about the Evaluation version limitations

Post by Alex » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:01 pm

Hello Palo,

After installing distributive package of VintaSoft Barcode .NET SDK to your computer you can evaluate the SDK functionality.

The evaluation version provides 2 types of DLLs:
  • [InstallPath]\Bin\DotNet4\AnyCPU\Vintasoft.Barcode.dll - DLL that shows nag screen and allows to get full value of recognized barcode. This DLL can be used for quality testing.
  • [InstallPath]\Bin\DotNet4\AnyCPU\NoNagScreen\Vintasoft.Barcode.dll - DLL that does NOT show nag screen and allows to get barcode value with last symbols replaced by "*" symbol. This DLL can be used for performance testing.
Best regards, Alexander