Saving a PDF as a PNG file

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft PDF .NET Plug-in.

Moderator: Alex

brightlogic

Saving a PDF as a PNG file

Post by brightlogic »

Hi,

I have been looking for a way to convert the first page of a PDF to an Image. I've just downloaded the trial version of the VintaSoftImaging.NET SDK and have managed to find a way to do what I'm looking for:

Code: Select all

'* load pdf to vintasoft image (requires vintasoft.pdf.dll)
            Dim objVintasoftImage As New Vintasoft.Imaging.VintasoftImage(strPDFFileName)

'* save image as png
            objVintasoftImage.Save("D:\test.png")
This works perfectly, however when looking at the purchase page I am unsure which packages I need to buy. I know I need to reference the Vintasoft.PDF.dll in my project otherwise the Image fails to load the PDF.

I assume I need the VintaSoft Imaging .NET SDK with only the Imaging component, however from the VintaSoftPDF.NET Plug-in do I need the PDF Reader or Writer package. Is what I need from the VintaSoft.PDF.dll in both the reader and writer packages or do I need a specific package.

I have also filled in the online support form, however I'm keen to find out asap.

Many thanks in advance,

James
Yuri

Re: Saving a PDF as a PNG file

Post by Yuri »

Hi James,

You need VintaSoftImaging.NET SDK and VintaSoftPDF.NET Plug-in (Reader only) for converting PDF files to images.

BTW you may also need VintaSoftJBIG2.NET and VintaSoftJPEG2000.NET Plug-ins if your PDF files contain JBIG2 and JPEG2000 compressed images in its image resources.

--
Kind regards,
Yuri