Dynamic Stamp Implementation Question

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft PDF .NET Plug-in.

Moderator: Alex

IntegraMike

Dynamic Stamp Implementation Question

Post by IntegraMike »

Hello, Adobe has a feature called Dynamic Stamps, these are basically stamps that execute JavaScript to update things like the date, etc. when the stamp is placed on a document. These stamps are generally stored as a page in a pdf document. I am working to implement this functionality and am hoping you can give me a little advice.

I didn't see Dynamic stamp settings on the stamp annotation, so my plan was to open the pdf page, execute the JavaScript on the page, render that as an image and apply that image to the stamp. This mostly works except for 2 issues.
1. The following JavaScript uses UTC Date instead of the system date: event.value = "on " + util.printd("mm/dd/yyyy hh:MMtt", new Date());
2. I'm occasionally getting null reference exceptions when modifying the FocusedField property on the annotation tool.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'll be sending a demo project via email shortly.

Thanks!
Alex
Site Admin

Re: Dynamic Stamp Implementation Question

Post by Alex »

Hello Mike,

Thank you for the project, which allows to reproduce the problem.

In version 9.1.0.5 we have fixed the bug in JavaScript interpreter and now your project works correctly.
Please use version 9.1.0.5 and let me know if you will have any question or problem.

Best regards, Alexander
IntegraMike

Re: Dynamic Stamp Implementation Question

Post by IntegraMike »

The updated dlls work great for all of our testcases. Thanks!