Performance Best Practices

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft Twain .NET SDK.

Moderator: Alex

prasadt

Performance Best Practices

Post by prasadt »

I am implementing the Twain SDK and using it in modeless mode. My goal is to support a variety of Twain scanners. Here is a broad outline of my requirements:

1. Scan documents in modeless mode
2. For each image that is acquired, write it to the disk
3. Display the scanned image in an image viewer - the user should be able to manipulate the images while the documents are being scanned

If you have best practices as to how best to improve the overall response time, it would be of great help in improving what I am doing.

Thanks,
Prasad
Alex
Site Admin

Re: Performance Best Practices

Post by Alex »

Hello Prasad,

VintaSoftTwain.NET and VintaSoftImaging.NET Libraries suit your requirements.

VintaSoftTwain.NET allows to scan documents in modeless mode and save each page as image to disk.
Please read: VintaSoftImaging.NET allows to preview, process, print and save images.
Please read: Best regards, Alexander
prasadt

Post by prasadt »

I am already a licensee of the Twain SDK and I am using the modeless mode. I find that saving the image to disk is an IO operation that could be taking time and seems to slowing the scanning operation. Do you have any examples to illustrate how this could be done in async mode? I am scanning at 300 DPI and in color.
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Hello Prasad,

You can go by 2 ways:
1. Store acquired images in the memory during acquisition process (please read description of the VSTwain.MaxImage property in the documentation).
2. Save acquired images to disk during acquisition process.

I think the second way is better.

Best regards, Alexander