SetupSource()

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft Twain ActiveX.

Moderator: Alex

elbowjog

SetupSource()

Post by elbowjog »

I am trying to use the

Code: Select all

SetupSource()
function to allow the user to specify settings he desires. This function displays a configuration dialog box if one is available.

After the user closes this dialog box, I open the datasource and query the scanner for it's capabilities. These capabilities do not appear to save from the SetupSource() function call. For example, if the user specifies single-sided page scanning in SetupSource, then I am still getting double-sided scanning when I query the scanner capabilities.

I don't want to use a user interface, because the user should be able to set the settings once, and then scan repeatedly without a UI.

How can SetupSource() be used so that those values are used when I query the scanner for its capabilities?

Thanks,
Alex
Site Admin

Re: SetupSource()

Post by Alex »

Hello,

Driver of scanner can work in 2 ways:
  • You open the Setup dialog, change the settings, close the Setup dialog - driver saves and uses these settings as default for current and all next scan sessions.
  • You open the Setup dialog, change the settings, close the Setup dialog - driver uses settings only for current scan session, i.e. settings are saved while current scan session is opened.
Way of work depends from the driver of scanner.

Best regards, Alexander