Evaluation Samples

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft Annotation .NET Plug-in.

Moderator: Alex

mschlech

Evaluation Samples

Post by mschlech »

1. I opened the WPF Annotation demo and made some annotations, saved to disk, opened in Adobe pdf viewer and could see the annotations I made.
2. Next day I do the same, but the annotations does not save to the pdf anymore
3. Tried again using the Windows Forms sample and it saved my annotations.
4. Next day I do the same, but the annotations does not save to the pdf anymore (Windows Forms sample)

Is this a instability with the software SDK or a Evaluation version restriction?

Please advise as this will determine whether we will consider buying the SDK or not.
Alex
Site Admin

Re: Evaluation Samples

Post by Alex »

Hello,

For creating the PDF appearance of annotations in PDF document your application must have reference to Vintasoft.Imaging.Annotation.Pdf.dll. Make sure you have reference to this DLL.

Best regards, Alexander
mschlech

Post by mschlech »

I was using the samples as installed by the SDK. (which includes all necessary references by default...)

It saved the first time, but the next day it does not work and still does not work. Please read my initial post carefully.
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Please send us (to support@vintasoft.com) a working project which demonstrates the problem, we need reproduce the problem.

Best regards, Alexander
mschlech

Post by mschlech »

Hi Alex,

We are evaluating, I opened the sample project found in
C:\Program Files (x86)\VintaSoft\VintaSoftImaging.NET v8.0\Examples\VS.NET.2012\CSharp\WpfAnnotationDemo

When you install the SDK, the samples install too.
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

We are evaluating, I opened the sample project found in
C:\Program Files (x86)\VintaSoft\VintaSoftImaging.NET v8.0\Examples\VS.NET.2012\CSharp\WpfAnnotationDemo

When you install the SDK, the samples install too.
Thank you for information. I have checked WpfAnnotationDemo for Visual Studio .NET 2012 in distributive package of SDK and have found that demo does not have reference to Vintasoft.Imaging.Annotation.Pdf.dll - this DLL creates PDF appearances for annotations in PDF documents. Please add reference to Vintasoft.Imaging.Annotation.Pdf.dll in the project and you will be able to generate PDF appearances of annotations saved in PDF document.

From our side, we will add reference to Vintasoft.Imaging.Annotation.Pdf.dll in distributive package of SDK. Once again thank you for your message.

Best regards, Alexander
mschlech

Post by mschlech »

Thanks for the response. It now works as expected :D