WPF Tablet pdf navigation

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft Imaging .NET SDK.

Moderator: Alex

guillaumeRod

WPF Tablet pdf navigation

Post by guillaumeRod »

Hello,

I'm working on a project in WPF that aims *,

I need a PdfViewer so I tried your demo project (PdfEditorWPF) on Tablet but many features doesn't work properly.

Can you let me know if you provide any mean to make it better please?
  • First, I can't resize the image thanks to touch.
  • I can scroll along the image thanks to the panTool but I can't use the scrollPage Tool by touch.
  • To resize an annotation, I have to aim just on the corner and it's just impossible for users...
  • Finally, when i try to add text on the page, the visual KeyBoard doesn't appear Automatically.
I know that Frameworks 4.6.2 and 4.7 improved the touch experience of WPF applications, will it be the same with your libraries?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Regards.
Alex
Site Admin

Re: WPF Tablet pdf navigation

Post by Alex »

Hello,

Thank you for information. We need some time for analyzing your questions, I will contact you shortly.

Best regards, Alexander
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Hello,

Please see answers to your questions below.

First, I can't resize the image thanks to touch.
Yes, at the moment is not possible to resize image in viewer using touch screen. We will add support for this feature in near time.

I can scroll along the image thanks to the panTool but I can't use the scrollPage Tool by touch.
Yes, at the moment is not possible to scroll image in viewer using touch screen. We will add support for this feature in near time.

To resize an annotation, I have to aim just on the corner and it's just impossible for users...
You can change (increase) size of interaction point of annotation. Please run our WPF Annotation Demo, open the "View => Interaction Points Settings..." menu and you will be able to change parameters of interaction points of annotations.

Finally, when i try to add text on the page, the visual KeyBoard doesn't appear Automatically.
Why do you think that the visual keyboard must appear automatically? Where have you seen such behaviour?

Best regards, Alexander
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Hello,

Starting from version 8.5.8.1 WPF image viewer, which is compiled for .NET 4, can zoom and pan image using touch screen.

Here is code snippet that creates visual tool for panning image in WPF image viewer with finger:

Code: Select all

WpfPanTool panTool = new WpfPanTool();
panTool.ProcessMouseEvents = false;
panTool.ProcessTouchEvents = true;
Here is code snippet that creates visual tool for zooming image in WPF image viewer with 2 fingers:

WpfZoomTool zoomTool = new WpfZoomTool();
zoomTool.ProcessMouseEvents = false;
zoomTool.ProcessTouchEvents = true;
Here is code snippet that creates visual tool for panning and zooming image in WPF image viewer:

WpfPanTool panTool = new WpfPanTool();
panTool.ProcessMouseEvents = false;
panTool.ProcessTouchEvents = true;

WpfZoomTool zoomTool = new WpfZoomTool();
zoomTool.ProcessMouseEvents = false;
zoomTool.ProcessTouchEvents = true;

WpfCompositeVisualTool compositeTool = new WpfCompositeVisualTool(zoomTool, panTool);

You can evaluate work with touch screen in our WpfPdfEditorDemo:
  • Run WPF PDF Editor Demo v8.5.8.1
  • Enable panning using menu "View->Touch Screen->Pan"
  • Enable zooming using menu "View->Touch Screen->Zoom"
Best regards, Alexander