Using VintaSoftTwain.NET Library in Vista x64.

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft Twain .NET SDK.

Moderator: Alex

Alex
Site Admin

Using VintaSoftTwain.NET Library in Vista x64.

Post by Alex »

When an application that uses our .NET libraries is compiled on a 64-bit system you may run into a couple issues. Our assemblies are 32-bit assemblies; therefore any applications being compiled on a 64-bit system must run in the 32-bit bit (WOW) mode. This only requires changing the "Platform Target" setting on the Build tab of your project settings to x86. Without this setting you will receive a BadImageFormatException when running your application.
cadiaz

Re: Using VintaSoftTwain.NET Library in Vista x64.

Post by cadiaz »

Hi. I'm using Visual Basic 2008 and update to VintaSoftTwain.net version 4.2 and receive the error you mention "BadImageFormatException" but I'm don't find the Platform Target in the project properties. Can you help me. Also, in the old version I'm using VSTwain1.Register but does exists anymore in version 4.2. How can I register???
Thanks for you help. :D
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Hello,

You should do the following steps:
- Open the project in Visual Basic .NET 2008
- Open the "Build" menu
- Select the "Select configuration manager..." and you will see the "Configuration Manager" window
- Select "New..." in "Active solution platform" in the "Configuration Manager" window
- Select "x86" in "Type or select the new platform" drop down menu
- Click "Ok".

If you didn't see the "Configuration Manager" in the "Build" menu, you should enable it as follows:
- Open the "Tools" menu
- Select the "Options" menu and you will see the "Options" window
- Select "Projects and Solutions" item in the "Options" window
- Select "General" item
- Enable the "Show advanced build configurations" item

Best regards, Alexander
cadiaz

Post by cadiaz »

Thanks. The other questions is about the Register. In the old version I was using VSTwain1.Register but this method does not exists anymore in version 4.2. How can I register???
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Please contact our support team at support@vintasoft.com with any questions regarding registrations of our products.