Always display drop down arrow in PdfInteractiveFormComboBoxField

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft PDF .NET Plug-in.

Moderator: Alex

IntegraMike

Always display drop down arrow in PdfInteractiveFormComboBoxField

Post by IntegraMike »

Hello, I'm currently trying to get a PdfInteractiveFormComboBoxField that is in a widget annotation to always show the drop down indicator that is displayed when you click into the field, but I haven't been able to find a good way to make this happen. The reason this has become an issue is that there is not a good indicator that the field is a combo box rather than static text on the page until you click on it. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Alex
Site Admin

Re: Always display drop down arrow in PdfInteractiveFormComboBoxField

Post by Alex »

Hello Mike,

Current version of SDK draws widget annotation "as is". "Drop down arrow" is not a part of widget annotation. Each PDF viewer has "custom" "drop down arrow".

In next minor version we will add an icon image, which will draw "drop down arrow", for PdfInteractiveFormComboBoxField.

In current version you can get status of PdfInteractiveFormComboBoxField from PdfInteractiveFormComboBoxField properties. This can be done using the following code:

Code: Select all

PdfInteractiveFormComboBoxField comboBoxField = widgetAnnotation.Field as PdfInteractiveFormComboBoxField;
if(comboBoxField != null)
{
   //...
}
Best regards, Alexander
IntegraMike

Post by IntegraMike »

Thanks for the quick response, and getting the option to set the icon would probably be useful, but what I'm actually looking to do is always draw the field as if it were in edit/interacting mode, whether it is or isn't.

Currently I have a form that has a combo box that changes the displayed fields using JavaScript. When I have the document open, but have not clicked the combo box, it looks like plain text and users have found it confusing because they can't tell the field is a combo box so they don't see any of the other fields.

Essentially, the form looks something like
| |
|__________|

and I'm trying to get it to look like this:
| |
| |
|____________|

So that the user has a visual indicator that there's something to click and select in that field.

I hope that's a little more clear, thanks again for the help!
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Hi Mike,

Thank you for explanation. We understood your needs. Adobe also displays indicator that field is combo box field. This functionality will be available in next minor version.

Best regards, Alexander
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Hi Mike,

In VintaSoft Imaging .NET SDK 10.0.6.1 we have added displaying of "dropdown button" to the view of PdfInteractiveFormComboBoxField class. Please use version 10.0.6.1 and let me know if you will have any question or problem.

Best regards, Alexander
IntegraMike

Post by IntegraMike »

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, this was working in the minor version you released for us, and is working well in the latest version as well, thank you!