Flip or Mirror View of Webcam

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft Imaging .NET SDK.

Moderator: Alex

JYLSoft

Flip or Mirror View of Webcam

Post by JYLSoft »

How to display the webcam in "ImageViewer" with a Mirror view?

Thank you
Alex
Site Admin

Re: Flip or Mirror View of Webcam

Post by Alex »

Hello,

Please do the following test:
  • Run VintaSoft Imaging Demo ("[SdkInstallPath]\VintaSoft\Imaging .NET v10.0\Bin\DotNet4\AnyCPU\ImagingDemo.exe").
  • Click "Capture from camera..." button in toolbar, the image capturing dialog will appear, change settings in "Captured image processing" group - this will apply image processing to the captured images, click "Capture image" button and see the result.
  • See source codes of WebcamPreviewForm class in the "[SdkInstallPath]\VintaSoft\Imaging .NET v10.1\Examples\WinForms\CSharp\ImagingDemo\DemosCommonCode.Imaging\Webcam\WebcamPreviewForm.cs" file.
Let me know if you will have any question or problem.

Best regards, Alexander
JYLSoft

Post by JYLSoft »

Hello,
I misspoke.
I would like to display the video from the camera (Webcam) in "Flip x" in real time, before taking a capture.
Is it possible ?
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Hello,
I misspoke.
I would like to display the video from the camera (Webcam) in "Flip x" in real time, before taking a capture.
Is it possible ?
Yes, this is possible.

Please do the following test:
  • Run VintaSoft Imaging Demo ("[SdkInstallPath]\VintaSoft\Imaging .NET v10.0\Bin\DotNet4\AnyCPU\ImagingDemo.exe").
  • Click "Capture from camera..." button in toolbar, the image capturing dialog will appear, change settings in "Captured image processing" group - this will apply image processing to the preview and captured images, see the result in video preview.
  • See source codes of WebcamPreviewForm class in the "[SdkInstallPath]\VintaSoft\Imaging .NET v10.1\Examples\WinForms\CSharp\ImagingDemo\DemosCommonCode.Imaging\Webcam\WebcamPreviewForm.cs" file.
Let me know if you will have any question or problem.

Best regards, Alexander
JYLSoft

Post by JYLSoft »

Hello,

Yes, I saw "RotateCommand", but that's not what I want to do.

I want a "Flip X" or Camera Mirror function.

I cannot display the webcam with a mirror image.
I can't find this function, we can do it once the image has been captured, but I can't find how to do it on the webcam monitor.

Do you have an example that explains how to do this?

Thank you
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Hello,

Are you a .NET developer? If yes, please modify source code and use the Vintasoft.Imaging.ImageProcessing.Transforms.FlipCommand class instead of Vintasoft.Imaging.ImageProcessing.Transforms.RotateCommand class.

Best regards, Alexander
JYLSoft

Post by JYLSoft »

thank you,
I had not seen this command!
Sorry for your time ...