Setting selected text to bold or Italic in a PdfFreeTextAnnotation

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft PDF .NET Plug-in.

Moderator: Alex

IntegraHarlan

Setting selected text to bold or Italic in a PdfFreeTextAnnotation

Post by IntegraHarlan »

When editing text for a PdfFreeTextAnnotation, I can use the RichTextBox to set selected text to bold, but I am not sure how I can make it show as bold in the annotation after editing it.
I know that I can set all the text to bold for the PdfFreeTextAnnotation, but If I just want part of the text to be bold, I am not sure How to do this for the PdfFreeTextAnnotation.
When in Edit mode I can select a sub string in the RichTextBox and set it to bold, but when the PdfFreeTextAnnotation exits edit mode, the selected text is not kept bold.
Is there a way to do this is in the PDFFreeTextAnnotation?

Thanks
Harlan
Alex
Site Admin

Re: Setting selected text to bold or Italic in a PdfFreeTextAnnotation

Post by Alex »

Hi Harlan,
When editing text for a PdfFreeTextAnnotation, I can use the RichTextBox to set selected text to bold, but I am not sure how I can make it show as bold in the annotation after editing it.
I know that I can set all the text to bold for the PdfFreeTextAnnotation, but If I just want part of the text to be bold, I am not sure How to do this for the PdfFreeTextAnnotation.
When in Edit mode I can select a sub string in the RichTextBox and set it to bold, but when the PdfFreeTextAnnotation exits edit mode, the selected text is not kept bold.
Is there a way to do this is in the PDFFreeTextAnnotation?
Current version of SDK supports only not formatted text for PdfFreeTextAnnotation, rich text is not supported. We plan to add support for rich text for PdfFreeTextAnnotation in future.

Best regards, Alexander
IntegraHarlan

Re: Setting selected text to bold or Italic in a PdfFreeTextAnnotation

Post by IntegraHarlan »

Hi Alex,
Thank you for your quick reply. I look forward to that functionality.