get a reference to the thumbnail image

Questions, comments and suggestions concerning VintaSoft Imaging .NET SDK.

Moderator: Alex

Thomas

get a reference to the thumbnail image

Post by Thomas »

I'd like to get the already generated data for the thumbnail image in the thumbnailviewer.
With GetThumbnailImage the viewer is generating a new on.
How I can get this reference?
(On the event ThumbnailPainting there is e.Thumbnail ... this is what i want to have, but directly from imagecollection)

Regards
Thomas
Alex
Site Admin

Re: get a reference to the thumbnail image

Post by Alex »

Hello Thomas,

What do you want to do? Maybe you want to generate thumbnail with custom appearance?

Best regards, Alexander
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

With the help of the thumbnailviewer we edit and arrange some (or more ;) )images. In parallel we generate a preview for the resulting output. In this preview we want to use the already generated thumbnail (to save some time, because this process was time critical). So I will give a handle to the image(s) to the preview.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Hello Alex,

do you need more info?

Regards Thomas
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Hello Thomas,

Please see our Thumbnail Viewers Demo here: http://www.vintasoft.com/vsimaging-dotnet-examples.html
and read description of the Vintasoft.Imaging.ThumbnailViewer.ThumbnailPainting event in the documentation - I think these information will help you.

Best regards, Alexander
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Hello Alexander,

no, this will not help me. This event is only fired when the image is 'in view'.
What I want to do:
- Load some images into the thumbnailviewer
- Let the user do some work with the images (change the order, select and unselect ...)
- Next step: show a preview of the result. Here I want to loop through the images of the thumbnailviewer and get the already generated thumbnailimage from the thumbnailviewer. Not the hole image (it is too large) and not a new thumbnailimage with getthumbnailimage (this take too long to generate).
Is this possible?

Regards
Thomas
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Hello Thomas,

I have understood your problem - we will add ability to get thumbnails from ThumbnailViewer in version 4.1 of VintaSoftImaging.NET Library, I think in 2 months.

Best regards, Alexander
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Hello Alexander,

thanks for adding this functionality. Until 4.1 I will do a workaround and generate a second thumbnail while adding an image.
Regards
Thomas