VintaSoftAnnotation.NET Plug-in - Overview
VintaSoftAnnotation.NET Plug-in is the image annotation component for .NET and WPF, allowing you to annotate (markup, draw objects) TIFF, PNG, JPEG images as well as annotate PDF documents. The component can easily create and edit built-in or your own custom-defined annotation object, merge annotations with image, save or load image annotations to or from XML, TIFF, PDF, PNG and JPEG file.
This program must be used together with VintaSoftImaging.NET SDK and is designed to complement its functionality.
Combination with VintaSoftPDF.NET Plug-in provides advanced PDF annotation functionality for .NET and WPF.
Programming environments: .NET Framework 2.0 or higher, WPF 3.5 or higher.
This program is the fully-managed .NET library to guarantee the fast working in .NET Framework.
You can use this library in your programs written in any programming language compatible with .NET technology.
Create and update annotation collection linked with image.
Add any number of annotation objects to annotation collection.
Unlimited undo and redo levels.
Remove annotations from annotation collection.
Ability to customize built-in or create custom-defined annotations in .NET and WPF.
Includes .NET and WPF annotation control which represents independent panel with annotations - Annotation Toolbar.
Ability to visually draw image annotations with symmetry.
Ability to fully control interaction between annotation object and mouse.
Ability to select multiple annotations and define a group of annotations.
Utilize .NET serialization to save objects and state information to XML file in XMP format from Adobe.
Load image annotation from XML file.
Save image annotation to TIFF, PDF, PNG or JPEG file in VintasoftBinary format. *
Save annotations to TIFF, PDF or JPEG file in XMP format from Adobe. *
Save TIFF annotation in WANG format.
Load annotations from TIFF, PDF, PNG or JPEG file. *
Preview image annotations in Annotation Viewer designed for .NET and WPF using either Author or View mode.
Preview image thumbnails with annotations in Annotated Thumbnail Viewer designed for .NET and WPF.
Ability to rotate image with annotations on custom angle.
Merge image with an annotation collection.
Calculate length and angle on image using Ruler(s) and Angle annotations.
* the functionality described in the list item can be obtained in full by referencing the SDK-connected Plug-in, the link in text leads to
Individual annotation features:
- Move, resize, rotate and mirror annotations.
- Change the background color of annotation, set transparency.
- Add or remove border outline to or from annotation.
- Edit text of text or rubber stamp annotation.
- Change text parameters of text or rubber stamp annotation.
- Use annotation rotation assistant, disallow rotation.
- Use caps like "arrow" for Line annotations.
Supported annotation types:
- Line - draws a line.
- Lines - draws a polyline.
- Freehand - draws a freehand line.
- Ruler - draws line and calculates its length.
- Rulers - draws some associated lines and calculates theirs overall length.
- Angle - draws two lines and calculates angle between these lines.
- Rectangle - draws a rectangle.
- Square (rectangle with symmetry) - draws a square.
- Highlight - draws a rectangle with color blending function.
- Ellipse - draws an ellipse.
- Circle (ellipse with symmetry) - draws a circle.
- Polygon - draws a polygon.
- Freehand polygon - draws a freehand polygon.
- Embedded image - draws an image from internal source.
- Referenced image - draws an image from external source.
- Text - draws a text.
- Free text - draws an editable text area and a leader polyline.
- Link - draws a hyperlink.
- Rubber stamp - draws a rubber stamp.
- Composite - annotation that defines a set of anyhow connected with each other annotations.
- Group - annotation that defines a group of annotations with abilities to relocate, resize, rotate the whole group.
- Sticky note - sticky note annotation.
- Leader line - annotation that defines a leader line which links two other annotations.
Windows OS / .NET Framework / Microsoft Visual Studio .NET / Internet Explorer
Supported operating systems:
- Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8, 32-bit / 64-bit
- Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012, 32-bit / 64-bit
- .NET 2.0 / 3.0 / 3.5 / 4.0 / 4.5
- WPF 3.5 / 4.0
Development environments VintaSoft Annotation .NET Plug-in was tested in and has examples of use for:
- MS Visual Basic - VB.NET 2005 / 2008 / 2010 / 2012
- MS Visual C# 2005 / 2008 / 2010 / 2012
- MS ASP.NET 2005 / 2008 / 2010 / 2012